South Korea Coach Kim Hak-bum welcomes FIFA recommendation to raise the age limit for the men’s football event in the Tokyo Olympics. According to National Football Team betting sources, the coach agrees that players qualified in 2020 should be allowed to play in the Summer Olympics next year.

At present, the men’s football tournament is open to players 23 years old and below. However, each squad can have three overaged players. Thus, players born on and after January 1997 can play in the 2020 Olympics.

However, coronavirus pandemic postponed the Summer Games. Tokyo will host the Games next year. As a result, players both in 1997 are disqualified based on the original rules of the tournament. Last week, FIFA recommended adjusting the age limit to qualify those born in 1997.

FIFA Recommendation on Age Limit

South Korea Coach Likes FIFA Recommendation on Age Limit in OlympicsFIFA Bureau still needs to approve the proposal. However, coach Kim Hak-bum is thankful that there’s hope for his players born in 1997. Based on online sports betting reports, most of the South Korean players were born in 1997.

On March 26, the Korea Football Association submitted a letter to the Asian Football Confederation. The AFC forwarded it to FIFA and the International Olympic Committee. According to gambling reviews sources, the letter argued for the adjustment of the age limit. The KFA said that it is not the players’ fault for the delay of the Olympics.

Coach Kim had 11 1997-born players on the squad, including the best keeper of the qualifiers, Song Bum-keun. If FIFA doesn’t adjust the age limit, there will be no 1997-born players on the squad.

The coach said that players still need to earn their spots in the roster even if FIFA changes the age limit. 1997-born players don’t have a guaranteed place in the team that will compete in Tokyo 2021.

Bet on football with VOBET, the best sportsbook in the world!

VOBET 스포츠 북