FC Seoul Ki Sung-yueng denies sexual assault allegations made against him by his elementary school teammates. The star midfielder made the statement via his Instagram account in response to claims made by two alleged victims of his misconduct.
According to FC Seoul betting reports, the victims made a press release via their lawyer. They claimed that Ki forced them to perform sexual acts from January to June 2020. Also, they claimed that he hit them when they didn’t do what he asked them.
C2 Global, Ki’s agency, denied all the claims on their client’s behalf. Ki addressed the allegations for the first time on Thursday. According to a sports forum, Ki said he had no connections to the media’s events. Also, he doesn’t want to talk more about the issue.
FC Seoul Ki Sung-yueng Denies Allegations
According to sports betting odds experts, Ki said that the allegations never happened. Also, he staked his football career that he is innocent. He would take necessary legal actions to protect his reputation and family.
Ki said that he wanted to stay silent because the allegations were not true. However, he realized that it threatened his career and his family. Thus, he can’t take it sitting down. FC Seoul said that Ki would continue to train with the team. They are preparing for the season opener match against Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors on Saturday.
According to FC Seoul, they are verifying all facts first before deciding on the fate of Ki with the team. The allegations against Ki came at a time when various professional baseball and volleyball players faced bullying claims.
Earlier in February, V-League teams suspended four volleyball players after they admitted to the allegations made against them. Among them were the twins Lee Da-yeong and Jae-yeong. Park Sang-ha, another volleyball player, announced his retirement after bullying allegations against him surfaced.